Goethe University’s Master scholarship programme is a groundbreaking project, and unique in the academic landscape of Germany. For a period of five years (2016-2020), the University is offering 20 scholarships per year for various MSc and MA courses with a special emphasis on research. The scholarship is open to both german and foreign students.
The Goethe Goes Global Scholarship offers:
• A monthly scholarship amount of 1,000€ for the standard period of a master’s programme at Goethe-University (generally 2 years)
• Support and orientation from an experienced master’s student buddy during your studies
• Access to seminars focusing on professional skills at our Graduate Academy (GRADE), normally open only to PhD students and postdocs
• Access to an innovative research environment and networks that connect you with fellow scholarship holders and other advanced researchers
• Career support through Goethe University’s Research Support Office
All applicants need to have completed at least two thirds of their bachelor’s degree (or another equivalent or higher degree) at a university outside of Germany.
To qualify for admission to a Master’s programme at Goethe University, you must have already completed a Bachelor’s degree (or another programme at an equivalent level) in a relevant field, and have passed the selection process of the respective programme. Please check which Master degree programme you are interested in and whether you meet the application requirements, such as language skills, academic background, etc.
Attention: Please note that certain Master’s programmes are embedded in research units. If you apply for a Master’s programme you may consider becoming involved in one of the research units (more info in application section).
Most programmes require you to apply through uni-assist. For a limited number of programmes (e.g. Biophysics) the respective department itself is in charge and the documents have to be sent there. Each programme page informs you if you have to apply online or through the department. See here.
The scholarship deadline expires on the same date as the application deadline of the master’s programme you apply for, i.e. you should submit your application for the degree programme and for the scholarship at the same time. Deadline varies but is around May-July 2019.
Visit the official website for more information.