ETSU offers all the opportunities you can imagine from providing adequate and efficient learning facility, wide learning resources and enabling environment. ETSU is a fully accredited, public institution and member of the Tennessee Board of Regents universities. The newly scholarship opportunity titled ‘The International Students Academic Merit Scholarship’ is opened to all international students who seeks to obtain graduate or undergraduate degree. The scholarship covers 50 percent of the total of in and out-of-state tuition and maintenance fees only. No additional fees or costs are covered. The scholarship award can only be used for study at ETSU.
- Target: International students
- Benefits: $12,500 for undergraduate and $11,500 for graduate
- Level and Discipline: Undergraduate and graduate degree in any discipline
- Host Institution: East Tennessee State University/ETSU – USA
- Deadline: 1 July and 1 October every year
Level and Area of Studies
Undergraduate and graduate degree in all subjects available at the host institution.
Place of Study
At East Tennessee State University/ETSU in the United States of America.
Eligibility and Criteria
All candidates are expected to meet all of the criteria as follow:
- Students must first submit an application for admission before they can apply for the scholarship. Students may apply for the scholarship before being admitted to ETSU; however a scholarship applicant must be admitted to ETSU as a full-time, degree-seeking student before the scholarship application can be reviewed. ( undergraduate admissions, graduate admissions)
- Have or plan to have an F-1 or J-1 student visa (F-1 visa information, J-1 visa information)
- Have a demonstrated record of academic achievement
- Fill out the scholarship application form.
- Students are encouraged to apply for the scholarship as soon as they apply for admission to ETSU.
- Recipients must maintain full-time status.
- Undergraduate recipients must maintain a 2.75 grade point average in order to continue receiving the scholarship. Graduate recipients must maintain a 3.0 GPA.
- The scholarship only applies to in and out-of-state tuition and maintenance fees. Recipients will be required to pay other fees such as program fees, course fees, housing costs, and medical insurance costs.
- Recipients continuing from a bachelor’s to a master’s degree program must reapply for the scholarship.
International students are welcome to apply.
The application should be made online. Please visit the link below to apply.
Fall semester is July 1st and Spring semester is no later than October 1st.
Visit the Official Website for more information.